Highlight favorite two-color combinations with quilt patterns made for a limited palette. From scrappy designs to classic two-color quilts, these patterns are stunning as decor. All patterns are throw size.
Projects in this pattern collection include:
- Ocean Waves by Miriam Kujac. Make waves this summer with a re-creation of this antique two-color
quilt. Its radiating pattern ripples out from
the center blocks across the entire quilt. Finished quilt top: 66x78".
- Reflections by Monique Dillard. There is something about two-color quilts that is
timeless and classic. In this blue-and-white throw, half of the blocks are made with dark
backgrounds and half with light backgrounds.Finished quilt: 60x68-1/2".
Finished blocks: 8-1/2" square.
- Cheddar Pinwheels by Miriam Kujac. Re-create the cozy antique throw to cuddle under this harvest
season. Although it may seem like a two-color quilt, this quirky
throw, pieced by an unknown quiltmaker, contains solid Cheddar,
cream-and-blue shirting, and muslin. Finished quilt: 75-1/2x961/2".
Finished block: 7" square.
- Christmas Geese by Avis Shirer. Flying Geese soar in crisscross formations on this red-and-white
delight. To give the quilt a hint of holiday panache, carefully cut stripe fabric for the large triangles in each block. Finished quilt: 44-1/2x56-1/2".
Finished block: 10" square.
- Antique Album by Pam Buda. Past meets present when you re-create this scrappy antique
quilt. Whether you make a
two-tone combo, as the unknown quiltmaker did, or broaden
your palette, you're sure to complete a quilt that will be
appreciated by generations to come. Finished quilt: 74-1/8x83-1/8".
Finished block: 9-7/8" square.
- Limeade by Kathleen Whiting and Natalia Bonner. With ingredients as simple as a single green tone-on-tone and solid white, this is a refreshing
throw. A secondary star pattern, formed by an on-point block setting and
sashing, gives this graphic quilt a tangy twist. Finished quilt: 64-1/8" square.
Finished block: 8" square.