Use precut strips to make a variety of projects from a queen-size bed quilt to table toppers. Precut strips make these quilts fast to sew, which is perfect for last-minute gifts and seasonal decor.
Projects in this collection include:
- Build Your Own Plaid by Emily Herrick. Contrasting colors and values showcase a dynamic
design that is simplified with strip piecing. Finished quilt: 62-1⁄2" square.
Finished block: 18" square.
- A Place for Everything by Julie Herman. Sew–as–you–go place mats fit nicely into a matching
pieced holder for storage or gift–giving. Finished place mat: 18×12".
Finished holder: 20×16" (closed).
- Bird's-Eye View inspired by Cherry Delight from Joanna Figueroa. Alternate precut 2-1⁄2"-wide strips and 1-1⁄2"-wide strips
to make a beautiful batik wall hanging. Finished quilt: 55-1⁄2×60-1⁄2".
- The Main Event by Kathie Holland. Simple rectangles lend brilliant color to a stash-
busting queen-size quilt. What could be easier? Finished quilt: 92×90-1⁄2".
- Daisy Duo by Lynne Hagmeier. Raw–edge appliqué flowers add a homespun look to a
foundation stitched from 2-1⁄2"–wide strips. Finished table runner: 22×54".
- Linked Together by Monique Dillard. Grab precut 2-1⁄2×42" strips in your favorite fabrics to devise
an interesting illusion of interlocking squares and strips. Finished quilt: 61" square.
Finished block: 8" square.
- On a Roll by Marti Michell. Tempted by rolls of assorted 2-1⁄2"-wide fabric strips at
your local quilt shop? Put a roll to good use as you stitch
this trendy table runner. Finished table runner: 16×44-1⁄2".